What I have learnt is a mouthful to say about gardening!
- Worm juice and poo (castings) can help a garden grow because of all the nutrients in it.
- All plants need the right amount of sun and water - otherwise they will die.
- We can recycle and or dispose of lots of things to prevent them causing harm to wild life - such as plastic bottles, bottle caps/lids, tyres, rope, plastic bags, polystyrene, fishing line and fishing nets.
- I also learnt that a hot house is useful to baby plants (seedlings) because it is just the right temperature for themso they won't die of heat or be drowned.
- We all agreed that the Tui Seed Raising Mix is better than potting mix.
- We have a wall of hydroponic lettuces. We pour diluted worm castings into the plastic bottles and they seem to be thriving. We have learnt that the worm juice is very powerful and if it comes into contact with the leaves it can burn them!
- Last year I knew nothing about soil NOW I know that there are different types of soils and different types can do funny things to plants, like change their colour.